Wednesday, October 26, 2005

The alchemist


"Yesterday is history;
tomorrow is mysetry;
today is a gift.
That's why it's called the present. "

received a very wonderful book from RD this day. I was expecting a letter because i asked for one. but when we met today, RD handed me a jacket, and asked me to remove it to reveal what is inside...

"THE ALCHEMIST BY PAULO COEHLO
A fable about following your dream

I am not yet done reading the whole thing, but there are many lessons that i have learned form just a part of it. Here are some of the lines that made me think and contemplate on my life:

1. The jacket has a purpose. And so did the boy.

2. It’s the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting.

3. Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how others should lead their lives, but none about his or her own.

4. The world’s greatest lie is the belief in fate controlling our lives.

5. To realize one’s personal legend is a person’s only real obligation

6. If you want something, all the universe conspires in helping to achieve it.

7. In the long run, what other people think becomes more important that the personal legend.

8. There was nothing to hold him back except himself.

9. God has prepared paths for everyone to follow. You just have to read the omens that he has left for you

10. The secret of happiness is to see all the marvels in the world, and never to forget the drops of oil on the spoon.

11. I am like everyone else- I see the world in terms of what I would like to see happen- not what actually does.

12. .. he was happy, aware of what his life was about, and ready to begin a day’s work

13. All things are one.

well, i am trying very well now to live life as it should be.

i implore you to read the book as well. it did a lot to me. i know it will do a lot to you too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home