Tuesday, September 27, 2005

trust and love

I TRUST YOU
is a better compliment than
I LOVE YOU
because you may not always trust
the one you love
but believe me
you can always love the person
you trust for the rest of your life.

sender:
+63927***86**

well, i am not into keeping text messages like these. i erase them as soon as i read the content. But not this text.
my friend allowed me to read this message. and it struck me. hard. so i asked her to send it to me.

trsut and love... we often hear these words. but we cannot always say that it is always present.

this text struck me hard because i know how it feels to love someone you trust so much. distance is but nothing with trust and love.

but being this weak person that i am, i cannot help but feel insecure sometimes. and i am not alone in this predicament.

my friend and I talked about this (trust and love) at the tambayan this afternoon.

here are some points raised regarding the issue:

1. you cannot control what the person is thinking about you. and that is so scary. uncontrollable things just pop out and ruin things when you least expect it.

2. feelings are subjective. and it is not a concrete thing to be measured. who loves who more just cannot be known. it just can't.

3. same with efforts. love can be shown a number of ways. love cannot be measured by what one does (or does not).

4. conversation is the best way of trusting and loving someone. it may seem to offend at first, but in the long run, if you hide things, isn't that more offensive?

5. whereabouts are important. it may seem negligible to others, but for some, it isn't.

well, all i can say is that love and trust are two things that cannot be separated. when i said i am in love, it also means to say, i entrust you with who i am, and who i will be when i am with you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home