Friday, October 29, 2004

Waiting for Mr. Sandman

I am not sleepy yet; I think I will not be for a few hours more. I have this “day-to-night and vice versa” syndrome during sem breaks. I am awake till the wee hours, and spend the whole morning sleeping, daydreaming. So, while I’m waiting for the Sandman, I decided to arrange my mp3 files and to tell you the perks and flaws of daydreaming…

I love to daydream because:
1. Illusions become synonymous to reality, only in dreams. A true chance to have all of life’s desire.
2. Money is not a factor in dreams. Things are there without having to buy them. It’s like having IMF as your purse.
3. I look so dashing, a true work of art! Pimples don’t seem to exist in my dreams.
4. It’s quite like telenovela, only better. I can even be a star of my own superserye. And you can do everything with the villains without ending up in jail.
5. Bodily pain is meaningless in dreams. (Give it all you got! I’m indestructible, baby!)
6. My subconscious communicates with me.
7. I exercise my talent of genuine creativity.
8. It’s a good way of entertaining one’s self.

However, dreams are bubbles that burst the moment our eyes see the real world. Reality slaps my senses back, leaving me hurt. Nothing’s changed. The world still is cruel, and it can never give us everything we want. We are still plain, flawed mortals with imagination as the only power we possess. We imagine what is not written in the script called life. But imaginations are imaginations. Our senses cannot savor all that dreams have to offer.

After all this thinking, I cannot promise that I’ll never daydream again. What am I supposed to do with all my free time? While I am commuting? Besides, a part of my being human will be gone if you take daydreaming away from me. But with these thoughts, I know what dream’s limitations are. With all the hurts that daydreams gave to me, I did learn some lessons. I sure have a lot of things to do to make my dreams* (the possible ones) come true.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home